Square 1 McAuliffe's Art Start Fundraiser
2022 Square One Art deadline is April 14!
Thursday, April 14, is the last day to purchase your student's art on keepsakes like coffee mugs, blankets, plates, wall art, journals, t-shirts, and more!
Important: all art must be created at home. Choose one of our art lessons or anything your student wants to create. The choice is yours. Bonus: you can upload multiple pieces of art!
All the details, including art lessons and supply lists: tinyurl.com/McAuliffeSquareArt
3 simple steps:
1. Create Art
2. Upload the art
3. Purchase keepsakes - deadline is April 14, 2022
Questions? Please contact email@example.com
Square1 in non-pandemic years
Paint, clay, glaze, glass, paper, glue, brushes, pastels.....these items fill our Art Start supply rooms with the opportunities to inspire creativity. These items are paid for through funding created by our annual Art Start Fundraiser - Square 1.
Each year, our fantastic art start volunteers lead an art lesson to produce art on a 8.5x8.5 inch square. Square 1 reproduces this artwork onto a variety of pieces that can be purchased, such as shirts, mugs, stickers, necklaces, tote bags and many more. The funds generated from these purchases go directly back into the Art Start budget. This is our only fundraiser of the year and provides the program with much needed funds for supplies, and stipends.
How to Order
Your child's custom Square 1 Art catalog will be sent home and it will display their art on the cover and on custom stickers for them to share their creation. Celebrate your child's creativity by purchasing keepsakes for the whole family containing their masterpiece. The McAuliffe Art Start program earns profit from every order!
Keep your "Making Memories Keepsake Catalog." It has your child's online art access code on the back of the catalog. This is needed to associate your student's art with the products you order and is required for any orders you place.
All online and paper order forms must be turned in by March 14th. (No late orders can be accepted.) Here is an opportunity to help support our school, build your child's self-esteem, and create lasting keepsakes from your child's artistic achievements.
Three easy ways to order:
Thank you for supporting art at McAuliffe Elementary!
Square 1 Lesson Ideas for Art Start Volunteers
Need some inspiration? Looking for ideas? Check out the possibilities below!
Square 1 Art Lessons (2 or less class periods)
Square 1 Art Lessons (3 or less class periods)
Square 1 Art Lesson Ideas
Square 1 Art Miscellaneous
Square 1 Pinterest Page
Square 1 Planning Tips Video for Art Start Volunteers
Lesson Deadlines for Art Start Volunteers
It takes some effort to organize and send all this awesome art to Square 1. Please help us achieve our goals by submitting your work on time. Square 1 art will be due from all classes by February 5th.
Have fun with this wonderful exploration of art and creativity!
Square 1 Art Lesson Requirements for Art Start Volunteers
Create beautiful art with your students that will be cherished for years to come. Here are the highlights:
- The 2019 Square 1 theme will be chosen in October and you will get that information after.
- All paper is provided by Square 1 and artwork must either be created directly on the provided paper or adhered securely to the provided paper. This paper can be found in the Art Start room.
- Bright and colorful is highly recommended. No pencil sketches, light watercolors, chalk pastels or small, detailed drawings as these will not reproduce well.
- Please keep all important details of the art, including the signature, at least one inch away from the edges. If you do not, the details may be cut off on certain custom products. Student signatures are optional.
- Please read these ART REQUIREMENTS. You may also find a handout in the Square 1 bin located outside the Art Start supply room.
- Include student signatures on all art. History indicates that parents are more likely to purchase products that include their child’s signature. Signatures are not required, however.
- Once the project is completed place all artwork back in your designated teacher’s folder in the Art Start room by the date provided by the Art Start team.