Open Positions on the McAuliffe PTSA Board
Position of PTSA Secretary
The PTSA Board Secretary takes minutes and records all business transacted at each meeting (board and general membership) of the unit and of the executive committee, making sure all minutes are complete. The responsibilities of the Secretary include:
- Attend monthly PTSA board meetings and general membership meetings
- Take meeting minutes at all meetings; takes attendance at all meetings to determine if a quorum is present.
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes for approval at the next meeting.
- Together with the president, help plan the meeting agenda; inform the president of any unfinished business at meetings
- Pick up coffee and light snacks for general membership meetings
- Provide motion forms at all meetings
- Maintain meeting minutes notebook
- Maintain inventory and organization of PTSA closet and storage room
- Review copies of monthly bank statements
- Fulfill yearly Washington State PTA training requirement